Report Outlines Foundational ESG Objectives and Progress
TORONTO, Dec. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Corus Leisure Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) (“Corus” or “the Firm”) introduced at this time the discharge of its 2022 Sustainability Report, which outlines the Firm’s centered strategy to construct a extra sustainable future by means of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. Centred on Corus’ three key pillars – Folks, Planet and Accountability – the inaugural Sustainability Report outlines the progress made to-date in addition to a set of foundational targets that anchor Corus’ ambition and strategy to sustainability.
“Corus, like all companies, is a part of a world motion to sort out essential environmental, social and governance challenges,” mentioned Doug Murphy, President and CEO, Corus Leisure. “Our forward-focused strategy to sustainability, guided by our Folks, Planet and Accountability targets, will assist us discover new methods to construct worth and resiliency for our firm over the long term.”
The report outlines Corus’ plans for the longer term and highlights progress in opposition to current sustainability initiatives, a few of which embrace:
- Superior Range, Fairness and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives throughout the group, together with formalizing DEI-focused coaching.
- Launched an ESG key efficiency indicator linked to individuals and tradition aims as a part of the Firm’s efficiency administration and evaluation strategy for leaders.
- Welcomed three new Worker Useful resource Teams (ERGs), bringing the entire variety of ERGs to seven.
- Assisted in elevating over $33.6 million for native charities in communities throughout Canada.
- Launched a carbon emissions measurement strategy that explores alternatives for a decarbonisation plan.
- Supported Corus Inexperienced, an employee-led group that builds consciousness inside Corus about environmental issues and promotes concrete motion.
- Supplied environmental sustainability periods for workers.
- Applied an ESG oversight and governance construction.
- Appointed a Head of Atmosphere and Sustainability, Governance to offer experience and devoted oversight of Corus’ ESG targets and technique.
- Established a cross-functional ESG Steering Committee to information the event and implementation of ESG targets.
- Established an Ethics and Conduct Workplace devoted to responding to issues raised by workers, together with nameless stories.
This Sustainability Report has been ready in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Requirements Board (SASB) Requirements. As well as, Corus has adopted a phased strategy to implementing the Process Power on Local weather-Associated Monetary Disclosures (TCFD) Suggestions.
To view and/or obtain the 2022 Corus Sustainability Report, please go to corusent.com.
About Corus Leisure
Corus Leisure Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) is a number one media and content material firm that develops and delivers prime quality manufacturers and content material throughout platforms for audiences world wide. Partaking audiences since 1999, the corporate’s portfolio of multimedia choices embody 33 specialty tv companies, 39 radio stations, 15 standard tv stations, a set of digital and streaming belongings, animation software program, expertise and media companies. Corus is an internationally-renowned content material creator and distributor by means of Nelvana, a world class animation studio knowledgeable in all codecs and Corus Studios, a globally acknowledged producer of hit scripted and unscripted content material. The corporate additionally owns progressive full-service social digital company so.da, way of life leisure firm Kin Canada, main 2D animation software program provider Toon Growth and kids’s ebook publishing home, Children Can Press. Corus’ roster of premium manufacturers contains International Tv, W Community, HGTV Canada, Meals Community Canada, Magnolia Community Canada, The HISTORY® Channel, Showcase, Grownup Swim, Nationwide Geographic, Disney Channel Canada, YTV, International Information, Globalnews.ca, Q107, Nation 105, and CFOX, together with broadly distributed Canadian streaming platforms STACKTV, TELETOON+, the International TV App and Curiouscast. For extra info go to www.corusent.com.
SOURCE Corus Leisure Inc.