It is time to ditch the Thanksgiving leftovers and seize the sweet canes as Tinseltown ushers within the Christmas season.
“We have been coming right here for over 25 years,” mentioned attendee Johnny Zamora, who introduced his daughters and his granddaughter with him.
This yr will mark a milestone for the Hollywood Christmas Parade because it celebrates its ninetieth anniversary. The three.2-mile parade passing via Orange Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard started with a purple carpet social gathering at 5:30 p.m. The parade itself will run from 6-8 p.m.
Actor Danny Trejo served as this yr’s grand marshal.
“The children benefit from the parade, the bands that come via,” mentioned attendee Javier Mejia. “Every part basically its simply the vacations.”
This yr’s parade, featured 90 Hollywood celebrities and VIPs, 14 performers, 10 four-story ballons, 4 floats, 39 film automobiles and 12 award-winning bands from across the nation as nicely one band from Bolivia.
Along with celebrities, Los Angeles’ politicians similar to outgoing Mayor Eric Garcetti, Councilman Mitch O’Farrell and present Councilwoman Heather Hutt made appearances.
There are a number of roads closed to parking till 12 a.m. after the parade. Here’s a listing:
- Cherokee Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and Selma Avenue
- Hawthorn Avenue between La Brea Avenue and Highland Avenue
- Sundown Boulevard between Highland Avenue and La Brea Avenue
- De Longpre Avenue between Highland Avenue and La Brea Avenue
- Fountain Avenue between Highland Avenue and La Brea Avenue
- Lanewood Avenue between La Brea Avenue and Orange Drive
- El Cerrito Place between Franklin Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard
- Sycamore Avenue between Sundown Boulevard and Fountain Avenue
- Sycamore Avenue between Franklin Avenue and Hawthorn Avenue
- Orange Drive between Franklin Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard
- Orange Drive between Hawthorn Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard
- Mansfield Avenue between De Longpre Avenue and Fountain Avenue